Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some common questions about APU | American Premiere University.
Can you tell me a bit about your programs?
APU currently offers a competitive online Bachelor of Business Administration, MBA (Master of Business Administration) and PhD in Business Administration programs. We accept new students every month, and a new cycle of each program begins every month. The duration of each course is 2 months (8 weeks).
These are not on-campus programs, and students do not need to travel to the United States to complete their studies. All courses and examinations are offered online, supplemented by an audio and video system and an extensive online library.
The APU e-learning system has several discussion forums, offering students the opportunity to communicate easily with one another, with their professors, and with the administration. Each course also includes its own forum, allowing for topic-specific discussion and increased class participation.
How long will my program take to complete?
The online MBA program takes a minimum of 16 months from start to finish. Students must complete 14 courses at 3 credits each, plus:
– either a 6-credit Management Consulting course or a 6-credit Research Project (for those students looking to pursue a PhD), for a total of 48 credits.
What if it takes me longer to finish the program?
That is fine; you can study at your own pace, as long as you complete your courses within the maximum amount of time of 4 years.
Am I limited to taking one course per month? Or may I take as many courses as I can manage?
Our programs are designed to have students take one course each month. If you feel that you are able and you have sufficient time to do it then you may also take 2 courses at the same time.
What if I interrupt my studies after a few months at APU? What will happen with the courses I have studied?
We understand that life does not always run smoothly and according to one’s wishes. If, for any reason, you are not able to continue your courses as planned, you will receive an official Partial Transcript outlining your courses, grades, and credits earned to date. When you return then you must complete the program in the maximum 4 year time span. If you are unable then you simply have to reapply again and if accepted you will be able to continue in the program.
How do I apply? Is there an application deadline?
APU has rolling admissions, meaning that we encourage students to apply at any time. We will evaluate your application as soon as it is complete. Courses are offered every month, and you may begin your program as soon as you are admitted and the first payment has been made.
For an initial evaluation of your eligibility, please send us the following documents by email:
- Your resume (CV)
- A clear scan of your High School, Bachelor’s degree (or higher, if applicable)
- A clear scan of your official transcripts (with courses and grades) from the same degree and university as above
- A clear scan of the first two pages of your passport or your local ID (the pages containing your photo and personal information)
* Please note that if you are admitted into one of our programs, you will need to provide more documents later.
As an international student, is there anything else I need to provide?
All applicants must furnish us with the following:
- Application Form – Submitting a completed application for admission to the program with a US$75 non-refundable application fee;
- Most recent CV/resume demonstrating a minimum of two years of work experience – Including the applicant’s full mailing address, email address, telephone number, and complete work experience (including the name and contact information of the applicant’s most recent employer).
- A scanned copy (initially) of the applicant’s last degree and transcripts. (An official hard copy of the transcripts will be required before 5 courses have been completed.
- The full address of the university from which the applicant received his/her undergraduate degree should be included.
- A scanned copy of official government identification (such as passport, driver’s license, national ID card etc.) including a color photo;
All documents (other than transcripts) in a foreign language should be translated into English.
All official copies and translations should be certified and/or notarized.
Students can send the application documents via the Admission form (preferred) or by email. Following receipt, the Admissions Committee evaluates each application, a process that can take from 1 to 3 weeks. If the application is approved, then an Admissions Letter is sent to the applicant explaining:
- Total tuition fees and payment plan (Students are given the option of paying in 1, 2 or 15 installments).
- Details, duration and maximum time to completion of the program
Once the applicant decides to register, he/she pays an admission fee of $100 and an Enrollment Letter is sent to him/her which contains the prospective student’s access code (username and password) so that they may log on to the e-learning system. Here they will be able to access course materials.
How does the admission process work?
As soon as we receive your full application with all the required documents, we will submit your file to the Admissions Committee for evaluation.
If you are admitted, you will receive an official APU Letter of Admission containing information about your program, including the starting date and payment deadlines.
Does APU offer scholarships?
There is a Tuition Assistant Program, covering a part of the tuition, is currently available at APU. The Admissions Committee will decide once you have submitted all your application materials. Eligibility is assessed based on need.
Still need help? Send us a note!
For any other questions, please write us at email@example.com or call us on
APU | American Premier University
provides accessible business education programs for students wanting to be effective managers in the increasingly complex and changing global organizational environment. APU is committed to providing quality distance education programs as well as on-campus courses.
© 2017 APU.
American Premier University
Address: 18375 Ventura Blvd.
Tarzana, CA 91356